Apple Mac Mini VS Windows Vista Ultimate

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
hello,

come june i am sure apple will update the mac mini at the price of windows vista ultimate ( full version ) , ie USD $ 399

with steve jobs claiming leopard to be the best and ultimate - he can claim a mac system + leopard for the price of windows vista ultimate

i would love to see the below specs

Core 2 Duo mobile chips starting at 2.1GHz

2GB DDR2 RAM - ram is cheap now a days

160GB HDD - same as in the ipod

better quality nvidia graphics

ethernet

airport extreme , superdrive

apple can even give it HDMI out and APPLE TV SOFTWARE - to make the deal really attractive ....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    #1 there will be no graphics card in a Mac Mini ever unless the size of the cards change, or the size of the mini changes. THere s no room. I'm pretty sure it will remain intel integrated graphics being they make the board complete with the graphics. It's pretty much an intel design.

#2 Your almost describing a third generation TV. THe moment you put TV software in it its going to be an TV.

I don't own either, but I think the majority of what your asking for is unrealistic. I'm just guessing though.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Interesting concept; for the cost of the best consumer OS Micro$oft has to offer, Apple delivers the undisputed best consumer OS anyone has to offer, and throws in a capable hardware platform to run it on…

But, as much as I would love to see it, I doubt Apple will offer the specs you outline for the price point you target…
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Not a chance in hell. Of the specs or the price.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

#1 there will be no graphics card in a Mac Mini ever unless the size of the cards change, or the size of the mini changes. THere s no room. I'm pretty sure it will remain intel integrated graphics being they make the board complete with the graphics. It's pretty much an intel design.

#2 Your almost describing a third generation TV. THe moment you put TV software in it its going to be an TV.

I don't own either, but I think the majority of what your asking for is unrealistic. I'm just guessing though.

there is room for a 780g amd board with side port video ram but that needs a amd cpu.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

there is room for a 780g amd board with side port video ram but that needs a amd cpu.

Nvidia makes integrated graphics chipsets for Intel processors, but Apple isn't going to buy them when Intel's offering is cheaper.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    wheelhotwheelhot Posts: 465member
    Quote:

Nvidia makes integrated graphics chipsets for Intel processors, but Apple isn't going to buy them when Intel's offering is cheaper.

Darn right, if they do, then the MB must have NVidia GPU!