Something similar to NoScript for Safari?

sidsid
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just curious but is there any addons for Safari that function like the NoScript addon for Firefox? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Unfortunately, NoScript is still only available for Firefox. This is a shame because nothing else is quite as good. I think AdBlock for Safari tries to block some javascript but it is nowhere near as robust a script blocker as Noscript for Firefox.

The NoScript concept of blocking everything unless I add an address to the whitelist doesn't seem like that difficult a concept to achieve. If someone could write a plugin to achieve that in Safari I would definitely switch over. Safari only gives you the option to turn off Javascript completely, which is of course virtually useless when you want your favourite or trusted sites to work properly but avoid the rubbish and ads that even some of those good sites try to force upon you.

Hint to Apple: maybe you can even give us that feature as an optional security enhancement...

Until then, I'm sticking with Firefox.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sid View Post

Just curious but is there any addons for Safari that function like the NoScript addon for Firefox? Thanks in advance.