1 windows box/multiple user accounts/1 ituned lib

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi,

I searched around looking for this answer but cannot seem to find it.

I set up a user account for my wife on my windows box (XP Pro) and would like her account to have access to the itunes folder in my profile but it doesn't want to work. So far I have:

-Pointed iTunes in my wife's account to my folder ? when I click OK, preferences window just closes and ?Music? library remains unchanged. The default songs from my wifes itunes folder remain.

-Activated "Share my library on my local network" from itunes in my profile ? no libraries show up

-Shared the physical folder from my account in windows ? doesn?t help either.

-Rebooted a few times

-Downloaded latest version of iTunes

I'm not sure what else to try.

Any advice?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Windows1234 View Post

Hi,

I searched around looking for this answer but cannot seem to find it.

I set up a user account for my wife on my windows box (XP Pro) and would like her account to have access to the itunes folder in my profile but it doesn't want to work. So far I have:

-Pointed iTunes in my wife's account to my folder ? when I click OK, preferences window just closes and ?Music? library remains unchanged. The default songs from my wifes itunes folder remain.

-Activated "Share my library on my local network" from itunes in my profile ? no libraries show up

-Shared the physical folder from my account in windows ? doesn?t help either.

-Rebooted a few times

-Downloaded latest version of iTunes

I'm not sure what else to try.

Any advice?

I figured it out.

I'm guessing by the lack of replies that it was either a stupid question or it was missed by others as well. The answer was right in front of me the whole time - File --> Add Folder to Library. Duh.

I figured by pointing iTunes to the music folder in my profile that it would automatically update the main library window. Instead, it needed to be told where to look in prefs AND to go get it.