Pro Tools LE 7 on Mac OS X Leopard

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=29551

I know a lot people are upset that this hasn't been resolved yet.

Does ANYONE know if anything has been done yet??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    johnsoujohnsou Posts: 4member
    There is the Time according to everyone else in the Audio/Recording software world and then there is the World according to Digidesign. Most all the Pro tools Rigs are on Macs and most of those are Pro tools LE and every mac sold for the last 4-5 months is Leopard only. Every other Company is Leopard Ready except for Digidesign. A very good reason to Use Logic Pro, DP, etc.

Pro tools users let Digidesign dictate to them when they can buy a new machine or when they can upgrade a OS. PRetty patronizing to the people who keep them in business if you ask me.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    While johnsou's point about Digidesign is somewhat valid....that's a whole different discussion.

O-Mac, I'm not sure if you're looking for Intel compatibility information or simply Pro Tools LE compatibility with Leopard as the subject states.

Regarding the latter, I'm running PT LE 7.4 and OS X 10.5.2 on a dual G5 with no issues:

• Reply 3 of 3
    johnsoujohnsou Posts: 4member
    Its not officially supported though is it? Does it install as is or are there certain tweeks that have to be made. Also is there any issues with overall compatability with plugins or other circumstances?