iPod nano freeze problem

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I recently got the latest iPod nano. It is such a cool thing and I just love it. However, the freeze problem really bothers me. Every time I plug it in my Mac when the battery is low, it freezes. I have to reset it and plug it in again and then it works.



Is there anyone who has an idea of how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • tarltarl Posts: 41member
    When my battery is low (really low-- weeks of no use) I need to let the iPod charge for an hour or so before things start working correctly.



    Maybe you don't need to reset it. Try waiting it out.
  • rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tarl View Post


    When my battery is low (really low-- weeks of no use) I need to let the iPod charge for an hour or so before things start working correctly.



    Maybe you don't need to reset it. Try waiting it out.



    When it freezes, the iPod is not even in the device list. The screen of the iPod stays on the song I played last time and nothing else. I can't tell if it is charging.



    Does your iPod appear the same? Is it also not in the device list and iTunes does not show if it is charging before things start working correctly?
  • tarltarl Posts: 41member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokken View Post


    When it freezes, the iPod is not even in the device list. The screen of the iPod stays on the song I played last time and nothing else. I can't tell if it is charging.



    Does your iPod appear the same? Is it also not in the device list and iTunes does not show if it is charging before things start working correctly?



    It's been awhile since I've let the battery get that low, but that sounds about right. A friend of mine has had the same problem with a Gen 1 nano.



    Let it sit (and hopefully charge) overnight and see what happens.
  • rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tarl View Post


    It's been awhile since I've let the battery get that low, but that sounds about right. A friend of mine has had the same problem with a Gen 1 nano.



    Let it sit (and hopefully charge) overnight and see what happens.



    Ok. I will try it. Thanks a lot!
  • hkgipodhkgipod Posts: 1member
    Just reset the ipod. I too have the new 8G nano 3rd gen. It freezes when battery dies out.

    Reset steps: Just press hold both the MENU and CENTER button together for 6 secs. This should show the apple icon and allows you to plug to USB to computer for sync or charging.



    Hope this helps!

    -HKGIPOD





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokken View Post


    I recently got the latest iPod nano. It is such a cool thing and I just love it. However, the freeze problem really bothers me. Every time I plug it in my Mac when the battery is low, it freezes. I have to reset it and plug it in again and then it works.



    Is there anyone who has an idea of how to solve it? Thanks in advance.



Sign In or Register to comment.