HDMI - how commonplace?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Japan is seeing an HDMI revolution; virtually all new video cameras come with it as do most TVs. Even the newest Sony laptop has an HDMI port.

Often when I give presentations to small groups there is a large flat screen TV for me to connect to and I would love to plug in with HDMI (a single plug, light and compact). If Apple would include HDMI on the portable I personally think it would be a great idea.

However, Apple is a US company and I wonder how common HDMI is.

Do many people use HDMI in the US?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Japan is seeing an HDMI revolution; virtually all new video cameras come with it as do most TVs. Even the newest Sony laptop has an HDMI port.

Often when I give presentations to small groups there is a large flat screen TV for me to connect to and I would love to plug in with HDMI (a single plug, light and compact). If Apple would include HDMI on the portable I personally think it would be a great idea.

However, Apple is a US company and I wonder how common HDMI is.

Do many people use HDMI in the US?

HDMI has been around here for a few years now and is VERY common. Most commonly used for home theater applications especially with Blu-Ray players it is the ultimate in connectivity.

HDMI should replace the DVI on MBP's in my opinion.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Cool.

Yeah, Apple really should start using HDMI... I'd like an HDMI input on my MacPro that would allow video capture at speed; currently to get HD takes a bit longer than real time over USB.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Right now I just use a DVI to HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my tv. That siad I can't say I see a huge rush for an HDMI port to be added as a lot of projectors still lack support in the corporate environments.

I do see it as only a matter of time as it is certainly the way the market is headed.