Deal with App and OS windows appearing off screen edge?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to go about handling situations in which an application's windows (or Finder windows) decide that they want to show up off the edge of the screen end out of reach of being relocated (via my mouse by clicking and dragging on one of the Window's toolbars)?

I know that there are a couple of third-party applications that can assist in such a situation (such as MondoMouse & Zooom), but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way that this problem can be remedied without needing to resort to yet another third-party application to handle the task.

I was thinking that perhaps Expose might be able to assist with this, but I don't really use it that much and am not sure if it can in fact help resolve such an issue...I tried using it, and tried initiating the 'All Windows' mode, but I still couldn't see one of my App's windows (that I know for a fact did exist at the time)...no luck using spaces & expose together either

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Is yours doing this on purpose or by accident? I had this happen to me once and I don't know how it started, but my cursor would go way off the screen into no-man's land. I went into System Preferences, Display and clicked 'Detect Displays' and it fixed it so everything was within the bounds of the screen.

I'm not sure if this is what you're describing, but if so, hope it helps.