App to access frequently-used text strings??

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know such a beastie exists, but I haven't been able to locate exactly what I'm looking for.

I recently switched from Firefox to Safari since FF was taking forever to load webpages and Safari has been incredibly zippy.

Now I'm missing several of FF's useful extensions, including one that would allow me to save various text strings to be pasted into web forms. (Safari's built-in form-filler is quite limited).

Is there an application that resides in the menubar (or accessible via a right-click that would give me easy access to a list of text strings for pasting?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

I know such a beastie exists, but I haven't been able to locate exactly what I'm looking for.

I recently switched from Firefox to Safari since FF was taking forever to load webpages and Safari has been incredibly zippy.

Now I'm missing several of FF's useful extensions, including one that would allow me to save various text strings to be pasted into web forms. (Safari's built-in form-filler is quite limited).

Is there an application that resides in the menubar (or accessible via a right-click that would give me easy access to a list of text strings for pasting?

Thanks.

Text Expander.

If that particular app doesn't do exactly what you want, googling for it probably finds others in the same functionality ballpark.