Mac OS X -> HP LeserJet 1000 driver needed

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi there-

I use a PowerBook G4 running 10.4.11 and I have an HP LaserJet 1000 printer. Until recently I had been using a print driver from Xenographics CUPS v 1.1 but a recent calamity to my hard drive has resulted in the loss of that program and now they don't have the download up on their webpage. HP's site doesn't have the driver either.

Anyone have an idea where I might find the driver to get my printer working again?

(this thing worked fine up til 3 weeks ago, so I know it CAN work.)

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kmac1036kmac1036 Posts: 281member
    did you ever find it?

did you try to install the HP driver pack from the install DVD?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    spralesprale Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkOn10th View Post

Hi there-

I use a PowerBook G4 running 10.4.11 and I have an HP LaserJet 1000 printer. Until recently I had been using a print driver from Xenographics CUPS v 1.1 but a recent calamity to my hard drive has resulted in the loss of that program and now they don't have the download up on their webpage. HP's site doesn't have the driver either.

Anyone have an idea where I might find the driver to get my printer working again?

(this thing worked fine up til 3 weeks ago, so I know it CAN work.)

Thanks

Mark

Seems to be an ongoing issue... HP never released an OS X driver. The Zenographics driver seems to be offline now. Maybe someone has a copy they can post publicly?

You could try GIMP (GutenPrint), or you could share the printer from a Windows box.

I back up all my drivers to optical media and to a backup drive, just in case.