Open Computers by PsyStar Corp.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Quote:

Why spend $1999 to get the least expensive Apple computer with a decent video card when you can pay less than a fourth of that for an equivalent sleek and small form-factor desktop with the same hardware. Sometimes reinventing the wheel is a good thing. The Open Computer can work for new Mac users and Mac geniuses, alike.

Why doesn't Apple offer a stripped-down Mac that is more affordable?

New to Mac: I Want a Mac

You don't need to spend an arm and a leg to get the full OS X Leopard experience. Apple's Mac Mini is completely stripped and still expensive. Why would you want a stripped-down computer, anyway? You asked for a good and inexpensive computer that can run OS X and we answered with the Open Computer which is

* less expensive than even the cheapest Apple computer out now

* faster than most Apple computers out now

* running arguably the best operating system available

* ready to run out of the box when you purchase it with Leopard included. If you buy Leopard with your Open Computer we'll install it for free.

Read more...

Experts and Geniuses: I Want a Hackintosh

This is a great opportunity for the experienced user. With the Open Computer you can

* run a Vanilla kernel for the genuine Leopard experience

* get under the hood and really see what makes OS X tick

* run Mac Pro equivalent hardware at Mac Mini prices

* develop device drivers and applications specific to OSx86

Psystar Open Computer Website

Now I know this is debatable on if it's illegal, but I thought I'll bring this here...it doesn't seem to be discussed. There's a youtube video on it, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab8sz5FO_uw

Tell me what you guys think of this "Open Computer", and if you know anything about this company. What is cool, however, they also sell Linux and Windows, so it's not just a Leopard computer anymore.

Comments