Problem syncing iPhone with Photo syncing turned on

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have been using my iPhone for quite some time with no problems. Because of a Leopard problem I had to do a complete reinstall of Leoopard and my data. I've had no problems using iTunes and iPhoto has worked fine. I am now syncing my iPhone again but the problem I have is that if I have Photo syncing my iPhone won't sync. It first tried to sync photos and then gives a box with the error message "The iPhone "iPhone" cannot by synced. The required file cannot be found." This only occurs if syncing photos is selected. If not it syncs fine. I don't believe anything is corrupt with my iPhotos since it works fine with the same pictures in there. Any idea what could be causing this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

I have been using my iPhone for quite some time with no problems. Because of a Leopard problem I had to do a complete reinstall of Leoopard and my data. I've had no problems using iTunes and iPhoto has worked fine. I am now syncing my iPhone again but the problem I have is that if I have Photo syncing my iPhone won't sync. It first tried to sync photos and then gives a box with the error message "The iPhone "iPhone" cannot by synced. The required file cannot be found." This only occurs if syncing photos is selected. If not it syncs fine. I don't believe anything is corrupt with my iPhotos since it works fine with the same pictures in there. Any idea what could be causing this?

I'm having the exact same problem! I would be interested to hear from anybody that has got a solution to the problem. Until then, I got around it by making a copy of the pics to be synced in another folder in Pictures. Selecting that folder instead in iTunes bypasses the problem and the iPhone syncs fine.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I've just got this on 10.0.1 and so rebuilt everything in iPhoto which made no difference. So I've unsynced (apply) and then re-synced and it all appears to be syncing now without a hitch. http://forums.appleinsider.com/image...ies/1smile.gif
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jameshavelock View Post

I've just got this on 10.0.1 and so rebuilt everything in iPhoto which made no difference. So I've unsynced (apply) and then re-synced and it all appears to be syncing now without a hitch. http://forums.appleinsider.com/image...ies/1smile.gif

2008, so I don't think they care anymore.

Also, your OS version number is wrong. You should edit it.