PLEASE Help Me... iChat Screen Sharing

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
This was working completely as advertised on both of my computers.

Then my laptop stopped working but the desktop still worked but after a few months and an unthoughtful .Mac sync I feel something passed on to the desktop and now neither work.

Keep getting this message...

Failed to start Screen Sharing because:

Screen sharing could not be established.

This is from computer A trying to see computer B's screen via iChat over AIM's network. The connection cannot be made when computer A tries to share its screen with computer B.

Audio and Audio/Video work fine. All settings are correct except maybe the routers port mapping. The router is Airport Extreme 802.11n and both computers are on Leopard 10.5.2. This will not work with colleagues nor from my desktop to laptop using 2 AIM names over the internet. Screen sharing works fine in the finder and also using iChat's Bonjour.

I have been on the phone with Apple and transferred many times until they were stumped and resorted to giving me "UNSUPPORTED by Apple" port mapping instructions via email.

I have tried everything I can think of and the same for Apple techie except for the completing the port mapping properly I fear.

I really need to get this working the way it did ASAP... Can someone please help?