iphone and ethernet

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
when i travel, i've noticed many hotels have wireless in the lobby, and ethernet connection in the room. is there a way to connect the iphone to ethernet, or do i sit in the lobby with a latte

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

when i travel, i've noticed many hotels have wireless in the lobby, and ethernet connection in the room. ...

I suppose that you could drag around your own wireless router, but I really don't think that is necessary. Virtually every hotel I know extends its Wi-Fi signal to its guest rooms. What's more, the Wi-Fi is often free even when the Ethernet connection is not. Enable your iPhone's Wi-Fi and you will probably see several available Wi-Fi networks.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    An Airport Express probably isn't too much to carry around.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    good points thanks i thought there was an adapter that directly connects from the dock connector to ethernet, but you have given me a more elegant solutions
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

I suppose that you could drag around your own wireless router, but I really don't think that is necessary. Virtually every hotel I know extends its Wi-Fi signal to its guest rooms. What's more, the Wi-Fi is often free even when the Ethernet connection is not. Enable your iPhone's Wi-Fi and you will probably see several available Wi-Fi networks.

The engineers that designed the iPhone definetly are NOT world travellers. The SMS capability is at least ten years behind other phonemakers.

I'm using a iPhone 3G/16gb, I swear at the designers everyday! They trashed a wonderful phone into near uselessness.