• Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by frankiilacomposer View Post

I can't see it -

I get...

Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

Every-time I try an apple link.

-----

Might as well ask while I'm here - - was going there to see about changing password, mother in law somehow changed admin password and now I cannot change password without knowing the old one - do I have to use the DISC, if so, please explain.

If she doesn't have the disc, is there a work around?

Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Having the same problem with their site here, too.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nak View Post

Likewise.

Well at least I know we're not being blocked - have some friends at apple - who knows, could be anything - have talked to one who LAST AUG saw a new FCP that was as simple as iMovie but still deep as FCP, all the way to new iPhones of course.....

Giving the shortage - -some argue its a way for apple to really deplete their 2.5 EDGE phones by creating shortages - -

Really need the help on resetting password.

Thanks peeps..

• Reply 5 of 11
    All of their international websites are down as well. Either Apple just got attacked or something is up.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Incredibly odd. Here's what the W3C says about http/1.1:

Quote:

The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-level protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypermedia information systems. It is a generic, stateless, protocol which can be used for many tasks beyond its use for hypertext, such as name servers and distributed object management systems, through extension of its request methods, error codes and headers [47]. A feature of HTTP is the typing and negotiation of data representation, allowing systems to be built independently of the data being transferred.

HTTP has been in use by the World-Wide Web global information initiative since 1990. This specification defines the protocol referred to as "HTTP/1.1", and is an update to RFC 2068 [33].

Okay, someone smarter than me, what does it mean when a site becomes "Unavailable" with this?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Forget it. It's back.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    Hah hah, bet they're just f*cking with the "new iMacs on Tues" crowd
  • Reply 9 of 11
    What do you mean new iMACS?

:-)

Might as well ask while I'm here - - was going there to see about changing password, mother in law somehow changed admin password and now I cannot change password without knowing the old one - do I have to use the DISC, if so, please explain.

If she doesn't have the disc, is there a work around?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    naknak Posts: 101member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Okay, someone smarter than me, what does it mean when a site becomes "Unavailable" with this?

Their HTTP service on their servers went unresponsive and couldn't get the data (http files, etc) to your browser.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Dang. I wanted to see the message, too.

Must be the rabid iMacies plugging up the works.