New iMacs Tuesday??

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
over at gizmodo.com they saw that there will be iMacs updates this Tuesday. From the website geeksugar.com was were the rumor came from. This website also was the one who guessed the new MacBook and macbook pros. They saw there will be only hardware upgrades. I'm guessing this:

-2.4ghz(basic), 2.5ghz(better 20 with option for 2.6), 2.6ghz(basic 24"), quad 2.4( better 24)

-320gb hdd 20", 500gb 24", 750 better 24"

-1gb ram basic, 2gb ram all other

-better iSight camera

What do you think there updates are going to be

And

Is this a hoax or real???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Just a standard refresh; nothing to get too excited over.

SSE4 instructions.

1333MHz system bus.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    c64c64 Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdhockeyfan424 View Post

over at gizmodo.com they saw that there will be iMacs updates this Tuesday. From the website geeksugar.com was were the rumor came from. This website also was the one who guessed the new MacBook and macbook pros. They saw there will be only hardware upgrades. I'm guessing this:

-2.4ghz(basic), 2.5ghz(better 20 with option for 2.6), 2.6ghz(basic 24"), quad 2.4( better 24)

-better iSight camera

And

I was going to order a refurb friday and I think I'm going to still because if its just a speed bump with the cpu its nothing to get excited over.the new cpu's out now are not much faster then the current core2duo and I have a lot of HDD space on my network.The only thing i would like to see upgraded is the gpu,
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

-better iSight camera

And

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Just a standard refresh; nothing to get too excited over.

SSE4 instructions.

1333MHz system bus.

Not unless they're switching to desktop processors, which would require a redesign.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

-better iSight camera

And

The quad, and no mention of GPU makes it sound iffy.

Std. 2gb ram - everyone asks for it, but Apple usually does this with two 1gb sticks instead of one 2gb. Upgrading to 4gb means buying (elsewhere) two 2gb sticks and getting rid of the two 1gbs, instead of just buying one 2gb to add in. BTO w/ just 1gb is probably the best deal.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

The quad, and no mention of GPU makes it sound iffy..

Yes but the official rumor didn't make mention of these specs.. Only the 1st poster did...

Bryan
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KernalROM View Post

Yes but the official rumor didn't make mention of these specs.. Only the 1st poster did...

Bryan

Sorry, my response was to the spec.s in the other post. Unclear quoting.

The comment about included ram was just general. Other posters always seem hot for more included ram, but it's always almost cheaper to get the minimum and add third party ourselves.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Sorry, my response was to the spec.s in the other post. Unclear quoting.

The comment about included ram was just general. Other posters always seem hot for more included ram, but it's always almost cheaper to get the minimum and add third party ourselves.

2 gbs of RAM is plenty for most iMac users. For iLife apps, web browsing and iWork that'll be plenty. Making 2 gbs standard on all iMacs would be a nice feature improvement for this computer IMO.

If you're doing CS 3 work then it's probably a different story.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Well, I'm excited about an upgrade.... My wife has given the green light to spend our IRS stimulus check on a new iMac...

I personally am not too concerned about HD or CPU speed bumps...

By in-large the biggest negative across all the reviews I have read about the current iMac is the underpowered video card so lets hope for an upgraded one!