Classic

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Do you HAVE to have OS 9 installed? I have no use for it anymore, since all of my vital apps are now on X. Can I just install X (10.2 with it comes out)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    odinn5odinn5 Posts: 107member
    I am running 10.1.4 w/o OS 9 installed.

I never needed it for anything I do and don't miss it at all.

By the way, it makes your system snappier
  • Reply 2 of 4
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Sometimes you still need Classic

Final Cut Pro upgrade installer requires Classic to be loaded in order to scan the older versions.

Some software cracks for X apps still are classic apps

Classic system is only 300MB why not keep it? Unless your machine only has a 2GB HD

These are the apps that I still need to run under Classic. Very few now Since they are running fine to me I have no complaint

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Leonis:

Is that SoundEdit 16 version 2 you have there? I have found Amadeus II to be a nice OSX replacement for SE, but it's limited to just 2 tracks and (big loss, IMO) you can't edit the waveform by hand.

*sigh*

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Sound Edit is working extremely fine under Classic (SURPRISE!). Even with over 12 tracks! And it doesn't quit on me Back to the OS 9 day it quitted like hell The only thing I can't do is to do the sound in recording. But here comes other apps I have like Peak and FCP.

I am not a sound guy. As long as I still can use Sound Edit for multi-track audio I am fine.

I was thinking about using my FCP serial number to get Deck 3.5 for a cheaper price but I later give up the plan. I don't want to spend money on something I don't use often

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>