Rebate Checks: What Does a Bush-Hating Liberal Spend Hers On?

Posted:
in PoliticalOutsider edited January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Well, first of all, I think the more relevant question would be "What will the Bush hating American people spend theirs on?", since that's the actual demographic.

Fuel and food staples, I would think, whether they plan to or not.

Sad, but true enough..

Comments

• flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    No political motivations, but as I said in another thread, Italy

I need spending money for my trip, and it's a convenient way to set a budget.
  • trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,265member
    Huffington Post

Quote:

Since "the check's in the mail" no matter how much we object to this policy decision, here are 3 ideas of worthy ways to spend the money that could do some social and economic good.

1) Plant a garden. $600 is more than enough to get tools, supplies and seeds for a garden where you can grow some of your own food. It's spring and not too late to get started. Author Michael Pollan suggests that this is one of the most powerful individual actions a person can take to combat climate change and transform our cheap-energy-minded culture. You'll get the satisfaction of growing your own ultra-local vegetables, know you're doing something great for the earth, and you'll support the economy with smart purchases. If you live in a concrete jungle like New York City, look into a community garden.

2) Generously distribute among service sector workers -- aka -- leave big tips. Many people like waiters, busboys, and baristas may see their tips dwindle as people cut back on discretionary spending. Start leaving 25% instead of 20% until you estimate you've reached $600. Not only will you feel personally virtuous, you can help out workers who are more likely to live paycheck to paycheck than salaried employees. Their economic wellbeing is more subject to patrons' whims, so when business is slow they may feel the impact most acutely.

3) While Bush's educational policies leave many children (and teachers) behind, donorschoose.org is a website that lets teachers post wish lists and project needs and then individuals can purchase the items for the classroom, whether it's school supplies, textbooks or electronic equipment. No, this won't fix the systemic problem of educational inequality in America, but it does provide a platform for purchasing something that will have a meaningful and worthy impact. The students will even write you a thank-you note.

I'm going to say proposal number 2 is the ShawnJ proposal.

I'm going to bank my rebate. No matter what I do with it, it will not generate any new consumer debt or spending disproportionate to the dollar amount. I still plan on planting a garden though I should probably get a move on with regard to that.

Anyone have any political motivations that they are going to use this rebate to support or work against?
  • addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,667member
    Well, first of all, I think the more relevant question would be "What will the Bush hating American people spend theirs on?", since that's the actual demographic.

Fuel and food staples, I would think, whether they plan to or not.
  • brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    oops...
  • addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,667member
    Hey look, it's the return of the Amazing Apple Insider Time Traveling Data Base?.
  • @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    Rebate Checks: What Does a Obama-Hating Neo-Con Spend His On?

Coke and gay prostitutes.

you started it...

Banking mine...don't know yet what I'll do with the second one...*

* yes, they are thinking of another stimulus package...

So let me finish by stating that they. are. all (left-right-red-blue). retards.
  • outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I'm dizzy....
  • mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I think mine is going to fence. Fences are expensive!
  • jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I think mine is going to fence. Fences are expensive!

Yea... Bush promised one, congress funded it, and we have yet to see it. \
    Yea not that kind. Mine is to keep kids in the yard.
  • shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

^He keeps young goats, you see.

Chèvre with a distinctly American edge to it.
    My town is looking to allow chickens to be kept.

I get hormone free milk delivered once a week so I don't need to bother milking something.
  • tontontonton Posts: 14,063member
    Quote:

I get hormone free milk delivered once a week so I don't need to bother milking something.

So many dirty innuendos...
    A Doors song comes to mind.
    Quote:

Little kids? Close enough.

They come here, don't speak the language, suck off the system, create a permanent underclass which are used for near-slave labor, and are automatically a political constituency.

Quote:

Mydo's Chickennnnnns... are coming HOME..... to Roooooost!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Little kids? Close enough.

They come here, don't speak the language, suck off the system, create a permanent underclass which are used for near-slave labor, and are automatically a political constituency.

Permanent underclass?

I'd like to see you still manage to claim you're not a bigot.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Permanent underclass?

I'd like to see you still manage to claim you're not a bigot.

You are smart enough to see satire when clearly posted. Surely I don't need to explain it in detail.
    It's like a constantly renewing underclass. But the irony is that we do it to each other and enjoy it.
    Wow I totally missed the point! Sorry jub. I thought you were talking about illegal aliens... I can see the humor in your post.. and... I'm sowwy.