Wireless Networking suggestions

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi everyone. This is my first post and of course I am looking for advise. I am going to purchase a new mac, and I am curious what is the best wireless router to use with it. I currently have a Belkin G+ router and card, which i used with my dell. However, the problem is, it doesn't always get the signal from the router. Sometimes I have an excellent signal, other times I don't have a signal at all, and need to reboot the modem.

Can anyone recommend a good wireless router (N) to use with my new Imac? Should I just get time capsule, or is there another one which is better? I don't really need the hard drive in time capsule, but will get it if it is my best option.

Plese let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I've never have had a problem with my Airport Base Station.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    It's possible that your channel just needs to be changed. I had to change mine because the same thing was happening. Mine ended up being due to something in the next room interfering with my wireless signal intermittently

I would just try simply logging into the router, change the channel and see if that fixes your problem. Hope so, and good luck!