my studio
  • Reply 182 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

shit.

I LOVE mine!!!!
  • Reply 183 of 197
    Here this is my setup at home...

(The image is a bit distorted as I had to stitch together 3 seperate images... (lower left bezel on the left display))

Not on display (bought them after taking this picture) are a 4-bay Drobo... and a 1TB TimeCapsule.

• Reply 184 of 197
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheralSadurns View Post

Here this is my setup at home...

(The image is a bit distorted as I had to stitch together 3 seperate images... (lower left bezel on the left display))

Beautiful!

What is the size and brand of your monitors? I assume you're using a Mac Pro with two cards.

Anyone: Is it possible to use three monitors with a Mini or two more with an iMac? Splitters?
  • Reply 185 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Beautiful!

What is the size and brand of your monitors? I assume you're using a Mac Pro with two cards.

Anyone: Is it possible to use three monitors with a Mini or two more with an iMac? Splitters?

Okay... I'll explain my setup:

I use a MacBook Pro (early 2008) and have it hooked up to a Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital.

This device basically splits the dual link dvi signal into 3 seperat signals... or the other way around... let's you connect up to 3 displays which appear to the MacBook Pro as one single albeit huge screen (the MBP thinks it's a display with a 3840x1024 res) This is actually the largest possible setup for Mac OS X at the moment.

I got 3 19" Eizo displays, each running at 1280x1024 (don't ask me for the model numbers though =) )

It works with the MacBook Pro as the max resolution for it is 2560x1600 and 3840x1024 has a slightly lower pixel count.

To answer your question, you can do the same with either of them, as long as your Mini or iMac is a MiniDisplayPort machine. As only these support such resolutions. (If they can drive a 30" Cinema Display... 2 displays using the Matrox device will work)

Just google Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital and/or DualHead2Go Digital which shouls also work for only 2 displays.

On the Matrox page you'll find any information you need... including which machines are compatible and which are not.
  • Reply 186 of 197
    This is my little home setup.

• Reply 187 of 197
    dont die, post more pictures
  • Reply 188 of 197
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdhockeyfan424 View Post

dont die, post more pictures

Well okay, because you asked nicely!

24" iMac 9,1. M-Audio AV-40 speakers, Sony External DVD+-R, OWC FW800 drive (behind the mac are a 4 bay Drobo and 1GB Lacie FW800 Drive).

• Reply 189 of 197
    Updated a few things since the last post.

Left Desk

-2.53Ghz Unibody MBP w/ 4GB Ram, 500GB 7.2k HD

-20in Apple Cinema Display

-Twelve South BookArc

-Logitech MX Performance Mouse

-Logitech DiNovo Keyboard

Right Desk

-20" 2.16 Core2Duo White iMac w/ 3GB Ram, 250GB HD

-Logitech DiNovo Edge Keyboard

-Logitech MX 1100 Mouse

-Bose Companion 5 Speakers

-3 G-Tech External Hard Drives (320GB, 500GB, and 750TB)

The computer on the left is my primary home computer (I have a Mac Pro at work) and the iMac on the right is mostly for steaming and downloading.

• Reply 190 of 197
    Made a few changes, most notable is the new 27" iMac. My wife uses the white iMac at the left desk, I doubt she will ever use the second monitor but it was already mounted from when the MBP was there so I figured I might as well leave it.

• Reply 191 of 197
    Wow that 27" is huge
  • Reply 192 of 197
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hsvfdvcadjhdf View Post

Wow that 27" is huge

Well you know what they say. Size does matter.

I've got a 28" LCD (27 viewable) but it doesn't have the resolution of the iMac 27" and for that I'm jealous.

jpennington...very nice setup. Really clean...I love it.
  • Reply 193 of 197
    It's not that much, but I think it's already something (:
  • Reply 194 of 197

• Reply 195 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ikickurasz View Post

how it comes that my pictures are not viewable?
  • Reply 196 of 197
    post more
  • Reply 197 of 197
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdhockeyfan424 View Post

post more

Will do!

Here is an updated post of my work and home setups as of today.

Work

I am the IT Director for a consumer electronics distributor in the midwest (basically I manage all aspects of our technology and technology strategy). Setup is similar to before with a few upgrades (switched back to the Apple keyboard, added a Drobo, switched to an SSD).

Mac Pro - Dual Quad-Core 2.26Ghz Xeon, 12GB RAM, SSD for Mac, HDs for VMs

Three Dell 24" Monitors mounting using individual mounts

Drobo w/ Three 2.0TB Disks

Logitech Performance MX Mouse

Fujitsu ScanSnap

Wacom Bamboo Tablet (for nothing more than signing things)

Plantronics Savi Office Headset (Connects to Phone and Computer)

Bose Companion 2 Speakers (all I need for work)

Monster Beats Studio Headphones (not pictured, in the drawer)

Realspace Draycott Chair (awesome chair the low price, $250 at office depot)

Also in the office (not pictured) there is a small refrigerator (filled will diet pepsi), a big shredder and another large desk for new equipment setup (so I don't clutter my desk).

Since I'm sure it will be asked, the magic trackpad is in the back because I don't use it all the time. It doesn't work as well with 16:9 monitors setup as 3 x 1 because of the width but I do like using it when doing some tasks (web browsing, processing e-mails, etc). I usually keep it between the keyboard and mouse but moved it up top earlier as I wasn't using it at the time and it was in the way.

Home

In addition to working on normal work at home I do some freelance work (mainly clients I still take care of from when I was in college), personal computing (e-mail, social network, photos, etc) and am involved in managing another company I'm invested in. I've had nearly 40 macs over the years (I upgrade a lot) and am happier now more than ever. The 17" MBP is an awesome product that allows me to setup in whatever city I'm in and be fully productive and the iPad allows me to go through days of travel and meetings without having to constantly manage the battery life of different devices. Everything you see are just tools, the best tools in my opinion are the ones that allow you to focus on what needs to be done and not worry about the tools themselves; Apple makes great products that fit that profile.

17" MacBook Pro, i5 Processor w/ 8GB RAM and an SSD

Dual 20" Cinema Displays (second one connected via USB video card)

iPad (32GB Wifi, I have a MiFi)

iPhone 4

Bose Companion 5 Speakers

Bose QC3 Headphones (not pictured, in the drawer)

Cheap Epson MFP in the closet that only gets used for scanning and printing boarding passes

27" iMac (for my wife on a small desk on the other side of the room, not pictured)

You can see info on my work setup and some older setups at ....

http://shawnblanc.net/2009/11/pennington-mac-setup/

http://lifehacker.com/5556640/macs-a...on-home-office

http://www.flickr.com/photos/penningtonj/

Justin