NBC has moved its TV Shows to Zune Marketplace, but still ignoring iTS

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    The funniest thing is the price is $1.99 which is what it was on iTunes. I believe there is room for flexible pricing, but we will have to wait to see what happens when prices are raised for "premium" content. Now that the Zune Marketplace has TV shows, I wonder which networks will drop iTunes Store for the Zune Marketplace to get the flexible pricing (i.e. more money) and which ones will offer their shows on both.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts View Post

The funniest thing is the price is $1.99 which is what it was on iTunes. I believe there is room for flexible pricing, but we will have to wait to see what happens when prices are raised for "premium" content. Now that the Zune Marketplace has TV shows, I wonder which networks will drop iTunes Store for the Zune Marketplace to get the flexible pricing (i.e. more money) and which ones will offer their shows on both.

I think the price is actually 160 of those tokens which turn out to be $2.00, a hooping penny more. Maybe that is all NBC wanted and Apple wouldn't budge.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Nice! All five people who own Zunes should be happy to see the NBC offerings.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Nice! All five people who own Zunes should be happy to see the NBC offerings.

We can't assume that all Zune owners have video capable Zunes. The cheaper iPod nano wanna be Zunes don't play video so more than likely more than half of the ~2 million Zune owners can't rent these TV shows.

That is of course assuming that the reported 2 million sold from MS aren't just channel-stuffed and sitting in a warehouse.

I'd imagine the total number of video capable Zunes at less than 1 million.

That's compared to 140 million iPods and growing, and certainly more than half of which play video.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Also, keep in mind that NBC's ratings are in the dumps, so the Zune store is probably the best place for them.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    GameStop stopped stocking Zunes

That should help NBC

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...6_FORTUNE5.htm
  • Reply 7 of 8
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steven R Wilson View Post

Also, keep in mind that NBC's ratings are in the dumps, so the Zune store is probably the best place for them.

There ratings maybe in the dumps but they air or own some of my favourite shows.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    NBC is slitting it's own throat.