MacBook: Now or wait?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I am completely aware of all the rumours flying around saying that there will be a new macbook soon. However, I want a macbook now.

At the moment, I would buy the MacBook option 2, because of the 2GB Ram, and the Superdrive. I don't really mind about the 2.4GHz processor, but - because of the speed difference, I still prefer having this faster processor.

However, I really badly want a MacBook. It would be my first laptop, and I hate working with PCs, so I'd rather not wait at all and get the MacBook now, but I don't want to be complaining a month or so later saying that I should of waited when the new ones are out.

Because of this, I am stuck. I am simply asking what would you do in my situation, and whether you think it is worth the wait or not.

Thanks,

Aidan.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    You only have a couple of weeks to wait.

Patience.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    Well, the current Macbooks are pretty decent value imo, not outdated or anything. If you really need it now, buy now. However, if you can wait, always buy within 3 weeks of a new announcement imo.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lorre View Post

Well, the current Macbooks are pretty decent value imo, not outdated or anything. If you really need it now, buy now. However, if you can wait, always buy within 3 weeks of a new announcement imo.

Buy within 3 weeks? How come?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    teapeateapea Posts: 19member
    i agree, wait, you'd be daft to buy one now, well thats my opinion anyway, i honestly believe we'll see new macbooks at wwdc
  • Reply 5 of 11
    bobertoqbobertoq Posts: 172member
    Answer is simple. If you want it now, go ahead and buy it, and don't complain if they release a new MacBook 30 minutes after you purchase and you get an old one.

Or, if you want an all-new MacBook, wait until the update.

However, in my opinion, I think you should get it now. All the update will bring is a nice new case and a slight spec bump.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aidanisamoron View Post

Buy within 3 weeks? How come?

Well I mean, once it is released, don't wait anymore than 3 weeks to buy it not to be stuck with the "I should've waited for the next update"-feeling.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    teapeateapea Posts: 19member
    agreed, if can always buy an apple product when they first come out.

they barely drop in price then a new one comes out at same price and you feel out of pocket
  • Reply 8 of 11
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    aint apple rumoured to refresh macbook and macbook pro thoroughly at wwdc? i would hold my horse and wait a month to see what's coming. unless you do hate pc that much..
  • Reply 9 of 11
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobertoq View Post

However, in my opinion, I think you should get it now. All the update will bring is a nice new case and a slight spec bump.

The Montevina update for the MacBook is a heck of a lot more significant than a spec speed bump if they get the X4500 vs the X3100. The thing is supposed to be twice as fast on 3DMark.

And likely it'll get a better trackpad and better battery life.

Geez...wait until WWDC. It's so close it's a no brainer. If nothing else, you can expect to find the old MacBook discounted somewhere.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Any chances the newer macbook will get a PCi express slot and/or a SD Card reader ?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    blingemblingem Posts: 94member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crenninger View Post

Any chances the newer macbook will get a PCi express slot and/or a SD Card reader ?

NO!!!