Anyone see X-Files last night and see...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
...Scully using an OS X app to video conference?

Everything looked like X, not the usual quick mock-jobs that are often used to show an interface...

Anyone else catch that?

...Interested to hear what other people think of what they saw...

Jerremy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    YES! Usually, I think they must use Kaleidscope, probably so Windows idiots won't get jealous!

But, this was an unapologetic OS X with a video conferencing app on a Cinema Display. Yum.

Now isn't it weird that Scully was as first the skeptic of the two, then it was Dogget, and now that he's "connecting A to B to C" that new girl Xena girl is the skeptic! The irony

Oh, more evidence for the iConference: it had the stupid brushed metal look!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Pics from <a href="http://forums.macnn.com"; target="_blank">MacNN Forums</a>:

J :cool:
  • Reply 3 of 12
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I saw it and was surprised they were not using OS 9 interface. They have special apps to make fake GUIs for shows and movies. This may have just been that.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    The "GUI designers" certainly like scrool bars. Look at the "viewer". If that thing was real you would have a pretty nice shot of most of the ceiling.

And what is that top thing good for?

Most, if not all, could have been done with Interface Builder
  • Reply 5 of 12
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jamie:

<strong>Pics from <a href="http://forums.macnn.com"; target="_blank">MacNN Forums</a>:

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Look what it says...

Link Estabished ...

they don't speak english, do they ?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>

Look what it says...

Link Estabished ...

they don't speak english, do they ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I guess they don't.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>

Look what it says...

Link Estabished ...

they don't speak english, do they ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

From what I have seen of this channel, no they don't speak English. They speak Foxish.

J :cool:
  • Reply 8 of 12
    My guess is that they built a small program in Interface Builder with almost no code... All it has to do is play a QT file pre-taped when they push the (estabished... hehe) button.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    nosariousnosarious Posts: 49member
    I am surprised. None of you mentioned the display hanging next to the patient in the hospital room.

It was an Apple Cinema display hanging on an IV stand showing all the vitals...
  • Reply 10 of 12
    it's funny how comfortable Scully was in the wide open space in front of the ACD, while Doggett and Reyes were crammed in front of the IBM tube monitor.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    undotwaundotwa Posts: 97member
    Yes! I finally figured out why TV shows use a lot of Macs. It increases their viewing audience because all the Mac users flock to see them and spot the Macs
  • Reply 12 of 12
    posterboyposterboy Posts: 147member
    [quote]Originally posted by nosarious:

<strong>I am surprised. None of you mentioned the display hanging next to the patient in the hospital room.

It was an Apple Cinema display hanging on an IV stand showing all the vitals...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I saw it too! but it wasn't a Cinema Display, it was an older 15" Studio LCD. A Cinema Display would be a litte big for an IV stand.....

--PB