Skype, Yahoo for Mac Instant Messenging video/audio chat compatibility?

thttht
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Done some research on Yahoo Messenger for Mac and Skype for Mac and both say that can do video / audio chat with their Windows counterparts. However, it appears there are still problems? Any users out there can give me some feedback on their audio / video performance?

Any other Mac IM app that can do Yahoo/Skype audio/video chat through their instant messenging protocols?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by THT View Post

Done some research on Yahoo Messenger for Mac and Skype for Mac and both say that can do video / audio chat with their Windows counterparts. However, it appears there are still problems? Any users out there can give me some feedback on their audio / video performance?

Any other Mac IM app that can do Yahoo/Skype audio/video chat through their instant messenging protocols?

Frankly, I've not had much luck with ANY of the videochat apps. I tend to avoid it just because it's such a headache. If Apple integrates videochat into iPhone 2, it would be a minor miracle.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thttht Posts: 5,444member
    We have to use Skype or Yahoo Messenger. Have you tried it with VMWare or Parallels?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    who wants to be on more of a ball and a chain with instant communication...don't mind me will go back to my cave
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mr_zebramr_zebra Posts: 85member
    I've never had a problem with Skype, but sometimes iChat just refuses to connect to certain people for video chats or screen sharing