ACT for the Mac ?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
? does anyone use a software program they like as a replacement for Act, and if so what do you use?

I'm looking for a good data base program, that I'll be able to use on my Mac, that I will use on on iPhone for contacts, meetings and such.

Should I just learn how to use iCal and Address book to do what I'd like or is there a single application out there that does what I'd like?

I've contacted ACT and they said they are considering bring back an Apple version of ACT.

Skip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    We've been discussing the need for quality CRM apps here: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=62736

ACT has been long requested for the Mac, and those requests have been long ignored.

I believe the last Mac version was 2.8, and the product is about to reach version 11.

This is the first I've heard of them actively considering a new Mac port. In the ACT forums they've been advising customers to run the software through Boot Camp, which is ridiculous for anyone who also wants to use Address Book, iCal or Mail.

There are no really good alternative apps for Sales Management on the Mac.

The closest is Marketcircle's Daylite, and Daylite's User Interface is a mess.

If you are just looking to keep track of customers (and not necessarily your sales cycle) you have three main options:

1) SOHO Organizer 7.0

2. Contactizer 3.6

3. Now's Software's NightHawk, coming this fall.