No iPhone will be called "nano"

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
There may or may not be a smaller iPhone, but I argue that it'll never be called a "nano". Apple has yet to have two product lines have a product with the same second name. This simplifies things and helps people know what you're talking about by using just the last name.

The "nano" is a small iPod.

The "mini" is a small Mac.

The "air" is a small Macbook

I think a small iPhone will be an iPhone micro or iPhone finger. If they made a flip version they could call it iPhone fold or iPhone flip.

But no "nano."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    You just busted your own argument. The Mac mini was released during the life-cycle of the iPod mini.

Besides MacBook nano just doesn't sound good and iPhone nano does. That is important believe it or not. "Does the name have a ring to it?" (pardon the pun) Yes it does. I'd take bets on that name. It just feels soooo right. When people were saying MacBook nano I wasn't think "but there's an iPod nano?", but I was thinking that name sounds dumb.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

But no "nano."

'course not, its iPhone Monkeybucket FTW!!11!!!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

'course not, its iPhone Monkeybucket FTW!!11!!!

Hey don't be stealing my precious..
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You just busted your own argument. The Mac mini was released during the life-cycle of the iPod mini.

I misspoke a bit then, but I bet you that Apple's marketing folks learned from that and realized that it confused the brand. You haven't seen duplicates since AND the iPod mini disappeared shortly after.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    s.asads.asad Posts: 51member
    Well, no nano I hope there will be a supreme.

*Crosses fingers for a 64GB iPhone*

• Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.asad View Post

Well, no nano I hope there will be a supreme.

*Crosses fingers for a 64GB iPhone*

You crossing your legs and toes too?