Huh?? No new laptops or touch at WWDC???

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
We all knew the 3G iphone was coming....but there were no surprises at the WWDC. None of the "other" rumors came true. No redesigned macbooks or macbook pros. No new ipod touches.

Hey the 3G iphones and price drops are great....BUT...even the iphone announcement was kinda anti climactic. No video ichat. And steve left the stage quickly with no "ONE MORE THING".

Was it just me, or did Steve look alittle ill? God I hope not, but he looked kinda emaciated and boney beneath his trademark black turtleneck.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    That's right, folks. I had a feeling it was going to be "nothing but iPhone" and iPhone apps.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

That's right, folks. I had a feeling it was going to be "nothing but iPhone" and iPhone apps.

They've all but changed the name to The iPhone Company.

WTH are the new displays? HUH?
  • Reply 3 of 13
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zinfella View Post

They've all but changed the name to The iPhone Company.

WTH are the new displays? HUH?

If you need a display, buy a display. Don't wait for Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    One of these days you guys are gonna learn that WWDC isn't a showcase for consumer products. It's for developers.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

One of these days you guys are gonna learn that WWDC isn't a showcase for consumer products. It's for developers.

And B. Stop believing every rumor you read. Intel delayed Montevina yet people still though that Apple was going to deliver a new MBP? Apple's trying to launch the iPhone 3G in 70 countries and people thought they were going to launch a whole new product?

Come'on folks. Let's stop being so gullible.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    I don't know why anyone would have expected new notebooks now. There's no new hardware to update them with.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

Good point. How they only briefly mentioned snow leopard without discussing it more. I thought that was a little disappointing.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    The Keynote isn't the whole event btw. They have to give developers who pay a lot of money to go to the sessions some exclusivity. The keynotes have over the years become more and more consumer-oriented. Look back to the days when Steve was on stage talking about branch prediction logic.

We'll hear more about the technology that matters to us when we need to hear it (i.e when we can actually use it). If Snow Leopard is coming out next January, why talk about it now? The new iphone is coming soon and the news was what people wanted to hear mostly.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The Keynote isn't the whole event btw. They have to give developers who pay a lot of money to go to the sessions some exclusivity. The keynotes have over the years become more and more consumer-oriented. Look back to the days when Steve was on stage talking about branch prediction logic.

We'll hear more about the technology that matters to us when we need to hear it (i.e when we can actually use it). If Snow Leopard is coming out next January, why talk about it now? The new iphone is coming soon and the news was what people wanted to hear mostly.

So when do you think the new Macbook line will be out? Before August? Before 2009?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nikeddemus View Post

So when do you think the new Macbook line will be out? Before August? Before 2009?

You could look here

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

and see that it won't likely be for another month or two, at the earliest anyways.

I wouldn't get my hopes up this month or next; iPhone is a huge release for them alongside with MobileMe.

The only products behind any regular-seeming schedule are the mini and the displays. I half expect a new display over the next weeks, but it would be just a quiet release. I want to see LED, which would make the display thinner and cooler (my desk is pretty cramped).
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Apple's going tit's up for sure now...
  • Reply 12 of 13
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Hardly. iPhone is the new black, Dude... or is it El Duderino?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Hardly. iPhone is the new black, Dude... or is it El Duderino?

Whichever. I'm not in to that whole brevity thing.