Mac OS X/Mac OS 9 = Zip Disk Conflict??

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have Microsoft Office 2001 and when I try to drag saved word document from the desktop in Mac OS X to my zip disk, it says the operation could not be completed because an error occured. So I tried to go through the harder way and save it to my zip disk through the Save As menu in Word. But in the Desktop folder (where my zip disk is mounted) it doesn't show the zip drive. :confused: The worst part is that I don't have a printer hooked up to this computer and the only way to get it upstairs is with a zip disk. Any clue as to what's going on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tomahawktomahawk Posts: 178member
    Ok, I read through again and have more to add. Does your file name have any unusual characters or is it a long file name? I've gotten errors trying to do things with () and other characters before. I don't think a Zip would do it but you can't move a file with a long file name to a older computer over file sharing. It gives a strange error and doesn't tell you why.

A short plain filename should copy over very easily. I've done this many times.

If you stick with OS X I'd try to get a copy of Office X as soon as you can. It is one of those, must have to avoid using Classic all the time programs.

Good Luck!

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: Tomahawk ]

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: Tomahawk ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 4
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    Yeh I plan on buying Office X w/ the education discount once I get the money. Right now I'm at school using their sh*tty Celeron Compaqs (Comcrap) but once I get home I'll try changing the file name. Right now it does have a hyphen and forward slash in the name.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    i was using Word and running in classic mode, and it wouldnt show my zip disk either in the menus when i hit "save as." i had to save it to the desktop, then drag it over to the zip (which did mount on the desktop). i think i had the same problem in appleworks 6. very strange.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    Thanks Tomahawk that was my prob. I guess the name of the file was kind of funky.