Firefox 3 "Official"

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
The Mozilla Developer site has announced Firefox 3 (Official) will be released Tuesday, June 17, 2008! On this date, they will also be going for a Guinness Book of records for most software downloaded in a 24 hour period - I plan to be there, how about you ?

Check out their "Spread Firefox" site here: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Might be a bit embarrassing if we crash their servers, but I'm in, I love Firefox.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I went from Safari to FF. Stayed there for a good long time and went back to Safari on version 3. I feel like I'm bouncing around but if it's so easy to switch who cares? I'll see if FF3 gets me back.\
  • Reply 3 of 8
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I went from Safari to FF. Stayed there for a good long time and went back to Safari on version 3. I feel like I'm bouncing around but if it's so easy to switch who cares? I'll see if FF3 gets me back.\

Exact same here. Safari version 3 was faster and more polished than FF2. FF3 has tons of great new features, a great interface, and is much faster than FF2. I'm thinking of switching back as well.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I'll download it.

I'm not really concerned with switching browsers. I'm hoping that 1Password 3.0 is a nice update that has some good bookmark syncing features across most browsers and then it won't matter what I use.

I'll probably have

Safari 4

FF 3

Opera 9.x

Omniweb

as my browsers of choice. Opera just save my ass when the Developer Preview of Safari 4 hung on my Mac and wiped out my Javacore and Webcore frameworks. Nothing that used Webkit/Webcore would launch. Since Opera doesn't use either I was able to launch and find out how to fix the shit so having at least one browser not tied to Apple's frameworks is essential.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Today's the day! Starting at 10 A.M. PDT (Los Angeles) / 1 P.M. EDT (New York) download Firefox 3 "official" and let's go for the record of most software downloaded in 24 hours .
  • Reply 6 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Yes, but have all of the remaining issues been resolved? I'd give it a week or two to take care of any problems.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    And it appears Mozilla's servers are down ATM.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I downloaded it already. It runs fine on my Mac: Mac Mini 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM.

Firefox 3 is fast and it looks like Safari.