Samsung Instinct Gives iPhone a Run for Its Money

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey have you heard about this news that Samsung Instinct Gives iPhone a Run for Its Money , what do you think about that? That's funny, I wondering what's under the water...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Real world reviews weren't good. The touch screen and interface didn't offer a good experience apparently. The Samsung Instinct site that has the videos of it beating the iphone in various tasks compares the old iphone. The 3G iphone sorts a lot of those issues.

Some people thought it was worse than the LG Viewty and the LG Viewty is a toy compared to the iphone.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Samsung? It stinked.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    The ultimate test for many is the voice quality of the 3G iPhone. That is, does AT&T's 3G implementation offer good voice quality? GSM is almost unbearable. I find that Sprit 3G has great voice quality, which is the only reason I use them. Of course, Sprint 2G had good voice quality too. I am waiting for some of my friends and co-workers to get 3G iPhones so I can compare, but my whole office has AT&T blackjacks, and these have lousy voice. I'm not sure if they run 3G or not.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by computer123 View Post

Hey have you heard about this news that Samsung Instinct Gives iPhone a Run for Its Money , what do you think about that? That's funny, I wondering what's under the water...

Played with one at the Sprint store the other day... was underwhelmed. Initially felt like a nice piece of hardware, but its interface is not particularly well executed. Clumsy. Tied too closely to the Sprint TV and Music stores. Supposedly has the ability to accept your own music and videos, but lacks a iTunes-like jukebox to coordinate everything. If I was a Windows user, I might have been tempted, but for me, its just not enough for me to stick with Sprint.