Tiger mail address line

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
In Panther, I was able to click on names in AddressBook and they would go to "To:, Cc:, or Bcc" whichever I had previously selected. In Tiger, they all go to "To:" no matter which one I select. This is a step backward in Tiger. Not being able to drag and drop into the Subject line is another step backward.

Of course, I can drag the names from "To:" to "Bcc:", but I have forgotten at times and ended up having all those names sent to my recipients.

Is there a way to send Address Book names directly to Bcc? How does Leopard handle this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    "Is there a way to send Address Book names directly to Bcc? How does Leopard handle this?"

Yep - there are 3 buttons up top of the Address panel. To, Cc and Bcc.

So for Cc and Bcc you just select the names in the Address panel and click on one of the buttons.

The addy's are then placed in the appropriate field in the new message window.

cheers, r
  • Reply 2 of 5
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobM View Post

"Is there a way to send Address Book names directly to Bcc? How does Leopard handle this?"

Yep - there are 3 buttons up top of the Address panel. To, Cc and Bcc.

So for Cc and Bcc you just select the names in the Address panel and click on one of the buttons.

The addy's are then placed in the appropriate field in the new message window.

cheers, r

Thanks, that would work, but, unfortunately, there are only two buttons on my copy - To: and Cc:

How do you get the third - Bcc: ? I can get it on the New Message page by using the small box to the left of the Subject line. Don't see a way to get it at the top of the AddressBook panel.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Thanks, that would work, but, unfortunately, there are only two buttons on my copy - To: and Cc:

How do you get the third - Bcc: ? I can get it on the New Message page by using the small box to the left of the Subject line. Don't see a way to get it at the top of the AddressBook panel.

oh sorry - the description above is on Leopard ....

They must have just clean forgot to include it on Tiger.

You can't select your addresses and drag and drop into the Bcc field ?

Seem to remember being able to do that on tiger.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    enowlanenowlan Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

In Panther, I was able to click on names in AddressBook and they would go to "To:, Cc:, or Bcc" whichever I had previously selected. In Tiger, they all go to "To:" no matter which one I select. This is a step backward in Tiger. Not being able to drag and drop into the Subject line is another step backward.

Of course, I can drag the names from "To:" to "Bcc:", but I have forgotten at times and ended up having all those names sent to my recipients.

Is there a way to send Address Book names directly to Bcc? How does Leopard handle this?

In the upper new message panel, opposite the From box is a small box with 3 horizontal lines and a down arrow. The arrow allows selection of CC and BC boxes to be displayed.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ENowlan View Post

In the upper new message panel, opposite the From box is a small box with 3 horizontal lines and a down arrow. The arrow allows selection of CC and BC boxes to be displayed.

Yes, I'm aware of that and have Bcc on the New Message page. My problem is I can't get Address Book to put the names I select in the Bcc window. No matter what I select, the names end up in the To: window. Do you know a way to get a Bcc button at the top of the Address Book panel?

The button would have to be pressed every time I made a selection ( as does the Cc button), but that would be preferable to dragging all the names from the To: window to the Bcc: window. At least I wouldn't forget to put them in the Bcc: window.