buying new laptop, need help asap

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I need to buy a laptop within the next week or so and I have a budget of around $1000. My budget pretty much puts macs out of the question so a pc laptop with have to do. Can anyone recommend a nice laptop with good battery life and a 15' or bigger screen. I was told I need a duo core processer and at least 2gig of ram. Are they any other things I should have in a laptop for graphic design? (I will be using photoshop,illustrator,indesign, no 3d rendering softwear.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lamer980 View Post

I need to buy a laptop within the next week or so and I have a budget of around $1000. My budget pretty much puts macs out of the question so a pc laptop with have to do. Can anyone recommend a nice laptop with good battery life and a 15' or bigger screen. I was told I need a duo core processer and at least 2gig of ram. Are they any other things I should have in a laptop for graphic design? (I will be using photoshop,illustrator,indesign, no 3d rendering softwear.)

I think the first question, as it relates to your budget, is where are you getting the software you mention and how much will you be needing to spend on it? The access to the software and any difference in its' cost between platforms could be a big influencer on your decision.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lamer980 View Post

... I have a budget of around $1000. My budget pretty much puts macs out of the question .....

Umm...not really. Have you considered a refurbished Macbook?

Fits within your budget and it's a Mac.