Can I change the icon of my digital camera?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Okay, what I wanna do is simply have a picture of my camera pop up when i plug it into my computer... instead of that white floopy-drive looking thing... and name it something too. Can I make it so that OS X will always use an icon for a specific camera (Olympus D-370).

While I'm on the topic, would it be possible to make an applescript that made iPhoto import my photos automatically, copy any movies to a specific directory, then wipe the camera clean, and eject it?

THanks insiders!

Pres

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    It would probably involve uploading the icon to your flash card or whatever.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I know that for Zip disks and what not it keeps the same one, but I don't know how that would work for a camera.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    Hmm I'm not following you maybe....cause when i plug my Olympus C-3000 in. iPhoto opens and then I just hit the import button, and it gives me the option in iPhoto to clean the card/camera of the pictures after impoting.

Is that what you want?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    prestonpreston Posts: 219member
    Okay, the two thingies I'm trying to do:

One involves the icon that OS X uses to represent my camera while it is mounted on the desktop. Basically I want OS X to use a camera icon instead of the white floppydrive-looking icon that is the default removeable icon. Same thing with zipdisks actually, I would kinda like the icons for zip disks to be actual zip disks, instead of that damn white thing.

My other question, would be how to make an applescript, that would do the following things in order:

-import my digital camera pics into iphoto

-copy *.mov off of my camera into a directory named whatever the current date is

-delete *.* off the camera

-"eject" the camera

clearer?

Thanks again,

Pres
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I don't really know about your scripting question. But have you tried changing the icon, ejecting it, and remounting it?