before I buy an iPhone and mobileMe...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
if someone can elucidate a little for me to see if what I wish to accomplish will work, that would be great...

I have a Mac at home and a Mac and a PC at work.

Email:

For personal email I use a bt-yahoo webmail account. I have a couple of domains and the emails from them are forwarded to it.

For work email we have an exchange server set-up and I currently have this configured in Mail on my work Mac (imap I think) and use the exchange web access site for access to work email when not at work. I don't tend to use email on my work PC as I think Outlook is so poor compared to Mail on the mac.

I'd like:

iPhone with mobileMe and push goodness so I can have one personal email address (probably a .Mac email address) on my iPhone and have that synced with my home Mac. I'd also like my work email on my iPhone and have that synced with the Mac at work. Can I have two separate email folders or accounts on one iPhone? i.e. keep work and personal email separate. I'm thinking of ditching the bt-yahoo email at some point soon so I'm not tied into a specific ISP.

btw, does anyone know if I or my other half subscribe to mobileMe as a new user will I be able to have a .mac email address? I have a.mac trial that has expired so I can probably use that if I subscribe. Also, if I subscribe using my expired .Mac account and buy a family pack will I be able to have other .mac email adresses or will we be stuck with naff @me.com addresses (or our own domains presumably) ?

Calendar:

For work we use an exchange calendar - but we don't use personal calendars for each person - we have one company calendar that everyone uses - this is a "public" calendar - in the sense that it's inside the outlook web access "public folder". Can I have this synched to my home Mac, my iPhone and all my and my work colleagues' devices via mobileMe?

any advice would be greatfully appreciated...

ade.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    aderutteraderutter Posts: 604member
    just found out multiple email accounts on iphone is ok

I'll forward the personal domain emails to my mobileMe/mac.com email address.

but I have another question, with this push syncing does it also sync sent items - so if I send an email from my iPhone will it appear in the sent folder on my Mac?

ade.