WANTED: iPhone Apps

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
With the iPhone 3G, iPhone 2.0, Mobile Me and the App Store just hours away, what apps do you hope find their way your iPhone?

My wishlist:

- video app: it has a camera, someone can probably figure out how to do this (or Apple can)

- simple spreadsheet: not just viewing, but for figuring

- simple drawing app with colors and layers

- better notes with categories, that are files that can be transferred to a Mac for more editing

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    Notes one we're making. It has handwriting recognition as well.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akac View Post

Notes one we're making. It has handwriting recognition as well.

An app name would be handy.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Honestly the Notes app we're still unsure of the name. Name is important, but we've still got work to do to finish it.

We've so far got Note2Self - which is an app we submitted to the App Store already and is an audio recorder and voice note emailer. We've got Pocket Informant which is a full fledged PIM that'll be done in a few months. And then we have the text Notes app which we've temporarily named "Touch2Note". But we'll see...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    It would be great to have an alarm clock that woke you up with music from your collection rather than those rather primitive sounds they currently have.

• Reply 5 of 9
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akac View Post

Honestly the Notes app we're still unsure of the name. Name is important, but we've still got work to do to finish it.

We've so far got Note2Self - which is an app we submitted to the App Store already and is an audio recorder and voice note emailer. We've got Pocket Informant which is a full fledged PIM that'll be done in a few months. And then we have the text Notes app which we've temporarily named "Touch2Note". But we'll see...

That sounds great; I had omitted a voice recorder from my list accidentally. I use the recorder function on my current phone daily, but it is rather basic. It will be nice to check out your app.

If the Notes app could include some basic formatting (font, size, color, etc) and sketching that would be awesome.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    iphone91iphone91 Posts: 98member
    That sounds amazing! Good luck with you development. Keep us posted. It sounds like a great App in progress!

Steve
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

That sounds great; I had omitted a voice recorder from my list accidentally. I use the recorder function on my current phone daily, but it is rather basic. It will be nice to check out your app.

If the Notes app could include some basic formatting (font, size, color, etc) and sketching that would be awesome.

Yes, we are looking at the full complement of RTF usage. Also emailing notes, security, encryption, and more.

Take a look here for Note2Self:

http://webis.net/products_info.php?p...te2self_iphone

The page is not "live" meaning its not listed on our site yet because the App Store isn't live yet and we don't have purchase links ready and because I'm still trying to make sure it works well on the iPhone itself. But as for Touch2Note, that one is quite extensive and its being worked on pretty hard.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    One other app I'd like to see is a kind of interface for accessing videos, to act like the menu screen on a DVD. I create training videos and would like to make a top screen that allows the user to access the various shorts that are part of the package.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    Front Row Remote - use the iPhone as a Front Row interface and remote.

Paint app - A DS can do this - Colors . An iPhone should be able to have something at least as powerful.

Office app - anything that can edit Office/iWork documents.