MobileMe - Please tell me it isn't THIS bad??

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello all,

Please bear with me as I've only just signed up to mobile me and I'm trying to sort some things out but can't work out how to do them.

I'm really hoping this is me not looking correctly, and not mobile me being really bad.

1. How do I setup rules/filters/lables so for incoming mail from a mailing list for example to auto go into a folder?

2. I'm trying to work out how to set my reply to address..

I use a domain name email and so forward all my mail to from this email address to my new mobile me account. I want the reply adress to of course by my domain email. But I can't find a way of setting it anywhere??

Many thanks, I hope someone can help me out.

Regards,

Simon

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    The settings you need may be in the mail application on your mac. Check there.

Mail>Prefrences

There's a lot to choose from: General, Accounts, Junk Mail, Fonts, Viewing, Composing, Signatures, and Rules.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Hi there,

I'm not using a mac.

Or windows.

I just want to use the web based apps, the ones that are meant to be industry leading.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    The web based apps are seemingly not yet full working even for me on a mac. As I still see some server error messages when trying to different things on the web based side.

It should work soon as apple are still working on it.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    I can slightly use MobileMe online, but the update still hasn't shown u[ in Software Update.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SimonPickard View Post

Hi there,

I'm not using a mac.

Or windows.

I just want to use the web based apps, the ones that are meant to be industry leading.

What are you using... telepathy?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Obviously he's using Open VMS.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

My guess is he is just going to go to internet cafes, libraries, Apple Stores, etc. There are lots of computers that can be accessed easily. If your data and applications are in the "cloud", why tie yourself to some piece of hardware?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Erm... no. As I quite clearly said in my first post I'm using the internet apps.

If you're not quite sure what these do you can log onto a web site from any computer and use them as a replacement to your desktop apps.

So can anyone please answer the question I posted please? Can you add rules / filters, etc, to the Mobile me Web App.

If not then they are pretty useless and I'll just keep using gmail.

Regards,

Simon
  • Reply 9 of 12
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SimonPickard View Post

Erm... no. As I quite clearly said in my first post I'm using the internet apps.

If you're not quite sure what these do you can log onto a web site from any computer and use them as a replacement to your desktop apps.

So can anyone please answer the question I posted please? Can you add rules / filters, etc, to the Mobile me Web App.

If not then they are pretty useless and I'll just keep using gmail.

Regards,

Simon

Did you read the online help? Go to the mobile me discussion forums.

Good luck with Open VMS.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Did you read the online help? Go to the mobile me discussion forums.

Good luck with Open VMS.

I did read the online help and have checked the forums. There was nothing about rules in either which is why I'm posting here.

Sorry but I don't understand why you are posting? Are you saying this is possible in MobileMe? Or that you don't have any idea and that I should check the help?

Also you keep talking about Open VMS? I've tried looking at what this is but it seems to look like some kind of OS. What does this have to do with me trying to setup rules for email messages in mobile me?

Regards,

Simon
  • Reply 11 of 12
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    From what I can see there are no preferences to allow rules or modify the reply to address.

The only rule at the moment is to switch on junk mail filtering. From the Action menu, choose Preferences, or hit ctrl+,

There is also an option to create email aliases, but I don't know if that's enough for your needs.

It's a shame the web app doesn't have all these features yet, but Apple might add them in the future.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Many thanks for your reply.

I will stop my trail with them now then. Like you say it's a shame this "desktop class" web based system doesn't have even the most basic of features yet.

Maybe in a few months / years it'll be useable.

Regards,

Simon