iPhone sync -MS outlook

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I've done a stupid thing today! While i was syncronising my iPhone using Itunes on my windows PC i found out that some of my contacts wher doubled after the procedure.

I decided to delete the double contatcs off my iPhone and delete ALL contacts in my outlook.

I then syncronised the iPhone and computer (all MS outlook) but i then lost all my contacts on my phone. (I was hoping the contacts would then be copied to my PC, I obviously didn't know that the syncrosnising is only one way: PC -> iPhone)

Is there any way i can get the contacts back? Either from the phone or PC?

I'm desperate\\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    brianpbrianp Posts: 11member
    Sorry, I can't think of any way that you can restore those.

It doesn't help you, but that's one of the reasons that I backup my Outlook *.pst files once a week.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    does this mean that when you add a contact to your iPhone you can't syncronise this with your outlook?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    brianpbrianp Posts: 11member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wortmann View Post

does this mean that when you add a contact to your iPhone you can't syncronise this with your outlook?

Yes, when you add a contact to your iPhone, it does synchronize to Outlook (I just tested this to confirm).

I wonder if you do have a backup on your PC that you can restore from. When iTunes is synching it says "Backuping up xxx iPhone" so I assume it's creating a backup of your current iPhone and there may be older versions too. You should look into that...
  • Reply 4 of 4

here is also a tip how to sync outlook with iphone....

http://www.phonesappstabs.com/how-to-setup-outlook-email-on-ipad-or-iphone/            

hope it helps you....