USB Ports Crashing on New MacBook Pro

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My new 2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro running 10.5.3 is starting to really tick me off.

About a week ago I was having problems with my laptop recognizing an older 512 mb Kingston DataTraveler USB flash drive. I figured that the drive was probably getting tired and since it was pretty small, I thought I'd buy a bigger drive anyhow. Well, it turns out that my new LG 8 Gig USB drive is not being recognized either. Both USB drives are always crashing and the only way I can get them to work (for a bit anyway) is to restart. The weird thing is that I am also using a Logitech wireless mouse with a USB connector and that works just fine even when the other USB drives won't register.

The other day I went into my local Apple Store and explained, in detail, what was going on to the "Genius". He claimed to have never seen this problem before. I call bullshit! I can't be the only person having this problem.

Anyhow...does anyone have a clue as to what's going on? I"m going to instal 10.5.4 after I post this and see if that helps.

Thanks

Comments