Personal Domain problems with mobile me

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello:

I had a .mac membership, which is now a mobile me membership. Before the transition I hosted my personal domain at .mac (i.e. my registrar where I bought the domain changed the CNAME to web.mac.com). Everything was working fine. When I typed in my personal domain into my browser, it went to the correct page hosted by .mac.

However, since the transition to mobile me, when I type my personal domain into my web browser I get this message:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.pongyedna.net/” because it can’t find the server “www.pongyedna.net”.

I can still access my site at web.mac.com/username and web.me.com/username and only my personal domain is not being hosted.

According to the Apple Support pages my personal domain should still be hosted and I did not need to do anything:

If you have a personal domain set up for your iWeb site, it will continue to work without changing any settings at your registrar.

Has any one else faced this problem? If so, any ideas on what to do? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.