Stanford to teach iPhone programming course

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Although the iPhone 2.0 software and a near-final SDK have just reached developers' hands, Stanford University is already listing a course to program just for the new device.

A fall 2008 slot for iPhone Application Programming at the David Packard building suggests students will have an opportunity to formalize their skills writing for Apple's handset.

The class will most likely take advantage of Apple's allowance for many iPhones to share the same app as a group as long as each phone is registered with the program.

While it's unknown what has prompted a course so early into iPhone's history, many of the devices are already deployed on campus at the university. Additionally, company chief Steve Jobs has frequented Stanford on key occasions, including both a speech to graduating students in 2005 and his crucial pancreatic cancer surgery at the school's Medical Center in July 2004.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    iphone91iphone91 Posts: 98member
    That is great training, since Stanford is so close to Cupertino, and since Steve has suhc a good relationship with Stanford. If only I were at Stanford, and I would definitely take that class!

Steve
  • Reply 2 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Dang, I left too soon. I was on faculty for 17 years.