'Last Lecture 'professor Randy Pausch dies

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
AFP

Quote:

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just the way we play the hand," Pausch said in the lecture, which was laced with humor and optimism.

Titled "Really achieving your childhood dreams," the lecture was a call for all those who knew Pausch to "go on without him and do great things," Carnegie Mellon said in a statement released Friday.

The talk was videotaped and subsequently criss-crossed the world via the Internet. More than 3.2 million people had viewed the "Last Lecture" on YouTube alone as of Friday, and according to Carnegie Mellon, tens of millions have watched Pausch's inspirational talk.

It was not just a good lecture, but pretty amazing to watch a guy deal with this with such optimism and lack of bitterness. It is sad that he lost his cancer battle.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I saw Randy Pausch's talk and I know that he didn't lose the battle to cancer. He went out on top as far as he was concerned.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    meh 2meh 2 Posts: 149member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by runnerman View Post

I saw Randy Pausch's talk and I know that he didn't lose the battle to cancer. He went out on top as far as he was concerned.

Amen to that - and as far as I'm concerned too.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Get ready to hate me but I saw his lecture and my reaction was "Yea tell me something I don't know". I guess I'm not a workaholic and I actually listen to my kids so ...