Should I buy a macbook?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm debating on whether I should buy an Apple MacBook now or wait a month (I need it before the 2nd of September). I definitely want a MacBook but I've heard that a new generation is in the works and should be unveiled for sale pretty soon.

If so, just a few questions...

- anybody know the date the new one will be coming out?

- anybody know whether the price will be different to the current price?

or should I just buy one now?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Wait until August 28th and if the new one isn't out, buy the current one. If they new one is released within two weeks of that date and you want it, call Apple, they'll swap it for free. Other than that you cannot predict when it will be released. I'd wait.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Wait until August 28th and if the new one isn't out, buy the current one. If they new one is released within two weeks of that date and you want it, call Apple, they'll swap it for free. Other than that you cannot predict when it will be released. I'd wait.

Thank you so much, seriously that's the best advice I've received as of late regarding the MacBook, so haha thanks a lot.

And just a question... August 28th? Is that a date that people are saying the new one will be unveiled or is it just a date to fit my time limit of September 2nd?

Again I appreciate it !
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andrew93 View Post

Thank you so much, seriously that's the best advice I've received as of late regarding the MacBook, so haha thanks a lot.

And just a question... August 28th? Is that a date that people are saying the new one will be unveiled or is it just a date to fit my time limit of September 2nd?

Again I appreciate it !

Your welcome dude. No, I just figured you'd rather order it before the weekend started before you needed it. That way you'd get it by your required date, like you said there in the latter.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Well I have heard they are coming out in the last weeks of september, just not sure.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by computer123 View Post

Well I have heard they are coming out in the last weeks of september, just not sure.

Please, don't say that. Nobody knows. You'll just mislead him, and others.