Rumor: MacBook updates to include glass trackpad, other goodies

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Quote:

I have been hearing some interesting things about Apple's upcoming line of portable computers. The talk amongst insiders on the new MacBooks is kind of scattered but here's a summation of what I've heard:

The new models are thinner than current MacBook and MacBook Pros and slightly more rounded, taking design cues from the MacBook Air.

The trackpad is glass, multi-touch and uses gestures. The screen isn?t multi-touch.

The body is manufactured out of one piece of aluminum. Eco-friendly, yet sturdy. Manufacturing process is completely different.

Release Date: Last week(s) of September.

source

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    macaloymacaloy Posts: 104member
    Arghhhhh...last weeks of September

I say that because I was going to buy a laptop in mid August for upcoming slew of appointments in September but I am trying to wait until the new updates though late September may be too late
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacAloy View Post

Arghhhhh...last weeks of September

I say that because I was going to buy a laptop in mid August for upcoming slew of appointments in September but I am trying to wait until the new updates though late September may be too late

That's exactly my problem.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    If your job depends on it, then buy. It's that simple. If you are that insecure of shallow, trust me, the new books won't make that much of a difference to your business, or your life.