New Moderators in P.O.

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Nobody who's listed as a moderator actually posts in there. Can we get some sort of sticky for those actually interested in the position? Moderation is a thankless job that takes time, but somebody new must want it. It's election time, so we need somebody who enjoys posting in that forum to help keep things in line when discussions get too heated. Arguably, 90% of the problem that needs moderation is one poster who's made a career out of provoking liberals. That's the power of the internet: how one person can throw a forum into chaos.

So how about some sort sticky advertising for the position?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I'll just tack my suggestion onto this one. In PO, I suggested that we solve the moderator issue by simply setting up a moderator rotation for everyone with 5000+ posts. Set it at about 2 months and draw names from a hat. I don't think anyone would balk at the idea of moderating for such a short span of time, and rotating through the senior posters solves any issues with political bias.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    If you do set up a new moderator, may I suggest someone from outside, with no political ax to grind... at all?

Someone completely objective who will not join either side, but who will absorb neutrons, and keep the core temperature stable.

Thank you for listening.

V/R,

Aries 1B