Kernel Panic Problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So, I've done a lot of research on the kernel panic situation, but most remedies I've found require booting up the computer. I'm running Tiger on a 12" Powerbook G4, and yesterday morning, I got a kernel panic message when I was restarting my computer. it comes up about 3 seconds after the grey screen w/ apple appears. There are a whole bunch of numbers and the message "panic: we are hanging here..."

I don't know what to do. I've tried booting in safe mode, but then in First Aid it wouldn't let me repair disk (even though when I verifyed the disk, it said it needed to be repaired). I'm up for any suggestions you guys have! Please help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whyitsme10 View Post

So, I've done a lot of research on the kernel panic situation, but most remedies I've found require booting up the computer. I'm running Tiger on a 12" Powerbook G4, and yesterday morning, I got a kernel panic message when I was restarting my computer. it comes up about 3 seconds after the grey screen w/ apple appears. There are a whole bunch of numbers and the message "panic: we are hanging here..."

I don't know what to do. I've tried booting in safe mode, but then in First Aid it wouldn't let me repair disk (even though when I verifyed the disk, it said it needed to be repaired). I'm up for any suggestions you guys have! Please help

How many memory modules do you have installed?

If you have more than one, try removing one. If that doesn't help, try the other module on its own and see if you have any luck with that one.

In my experience, Kernel Panics are often caused by dodgy/badly fitted memory modules.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Hi whyitsme,

You have to write what exactly type you have. If you have ibook 12" 1.33 Ghz middle of 2005 edition I have a very bad news. Sorry.

Just write and will answer.

applefruit
  • Reply 3 of 4
    go 2 the apple store and it will b fixed
  • Reply 4 of 4
    batbat Posts: 47member
    Hold down the shift key to boot into Safe Mode, then turn off AirPort. I just went throught this with my daughter's G4 iBook. It's a problem with the logic board and the AirPort card.