Two menu bars

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I bought my daughter a MBP when her Dell disintegrated. She loves the Mac with one exception. She prefers Windows having App menu bars on the pane rather than on the desktop. She uses two monitors and bemoans the fact that the menu bar is only on one monitor. She finds it confusing when she has several apps open on both monitors.

Is there a way to have the menu bar on both monitors? I told her no, but I'm hoping an AI member can prove me wrong.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Well there's this, which I have never used. Also, she can go into System Preferences and drag that menubar from one display to another in the displays section. To put in on the screen she uses most. Literally click and drag that "little" menubar, it's a software metaphor.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Well there's this, which I have never used. Also, she can go into System Preferences and drag that menubar from one display to another in the displays section. To put in on the screen she uses most. Literally click and drag that "little" menubar, it's a software metaphor.

Thanks, Ireland,

I tried both of your suggestions. The DejaMenu does work, but IMO, it's a little klunky. I like your second suggestion best. I'm going to use that myself. I sent both to my daughter, so she can decide which one she likes best.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Thanks, Ireland,

I tried both of your suggestions. The DejaMenu does work, but IMO, it's a little klunky. I like your second suggestion best. I'm going to use that myself. I sent both to my daughter, so she can decide which one she likes best.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated.

Ah no problem. Anytime.