Crash, bang, ouch! :(

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hairline-crack is the glass of my 8Gig 2G mo-fo!!

Apple said €199, I said I'll think about it (i.e. no thanks). Called iFixit, they don't and won't have stock of this part "ever again". Great day all in all.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Hairline-crack is the glass of my 8Gig 2G mo-fo!!

Apple said ?199, I said I'll think about it (i.e. no thanks). Called iFixit, they don't and won't have stock of this part "ever again". Great day all in all.

Looks like it's time to upgrade. A crack would really bother me. I have a small itty bitty little scratch in the glass of my iPhone 2G and I can't take my eyes off it when viewing something on the screen. I have a greally good screen protector on it now, similar to what you can find from bodyguardz.com and I can't see the scratch anymore. A crack is something that I would really not like, unless maybe it was by the speaker or the home button and not on the screen. You should post a pic of it so we can all have pitty in the proper broken iPhone fashion. oh... and I'm sorry for your loss
  • Reply 2 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I'll charge my camera, I might take a couple of snaps of it later. From some angles its impossible to see, but it's huge.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'll charge my camera, I might take a couple of snaps of it later. From some angles its impossible to see, but it's huge.

Sweet