More Macbook Problems.... :-(

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I originally posted on needing a reliable way to extend an open network so my Macbook's waning Wifi would still get some kind of service. Recently, however, my Macbook will not maintain a reliable connection for more than 5 minutes when sitting 2 or 3 feet from the base station, so buying a wireless repeater is obviously not my only concern here.

I would normally plug in the Ethernet directly from the modem, but my Ethernet jack will not respond. No connection whatsoever. I've read in other places that this is a logic board problem, which always means expensive or impossible. Is there another option?

I would send the thing in, but my warranty may have been used up replacing the hard drive when it fried.

I'm getting to the end of my rope. Is there a semi-reliable fix here? I have owned Macs all my life and have NEVER had this many problems..... Help.

P.S. the reason I am looking for a way to maintain a reliable connection is not only for convenience. I'm working as a data entry station for a company and I need to stay connected to their network for more than a few minutes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Replacing the hard drive and RAM will not void your warranty, so if you still have one, try a Genius Bar, as it seems to be a hardware error. A new Logic Board costs around 400?/500$ I think.

Maybe there is an option to acquire an extended Apple Care Protection Plan for you.