Apple TV Stopped Streaming!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ever since I upgraded my Apple TV to version 2.1 and iTunes 7.7.1 I haven't been able to stream any movies/ TV shows.

I can sync just fine, just can't stream.

Is there any way to resolve this issue without reverting back to 2.0 (doing so will cause me to lose my current movies on the TV)

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    I assume that you are trying to stream from the iTunes account that you are synced to.

In iTunes go to the Apple TV Summary pane and uncheck the "Show only the synced items on my Apple TV" checkbox.

On your Apple TV go to "My Movies"/"My Television Shows" and select what you want to watch. The current Apple TV OS displays no differences between what is stored on the Apple TV and what is being streamed to it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

I assume that you are trying to stream from the iTunes account that you are synced to.

In iTunes go to the Apple TV Summary pane and uncheck the "Show only the synced items on my Apple TV" checkbox.

On your Apple TV go to "My Movies"/"My Television Shows" and select what you want to watch. The current Apple TV OS displays no differences between what is stored on the Apple TV and what is being streamed to it.

Thanks for the reply,

However I have the Apple TV set to automatic sync (I simply uncheck what i don't want to be synced) and this used to save space on my Apple TV hard drive, while still allowing me to watch the unchecked movies by streaming.

Now it still saves space, but the unchecked movies do not stream.

I tried doing custom sync as recommended but that only prompted me to select which movies i'd like to sync, which I already was doing.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Ok, I've always used custom sync and thought that the check box would always be there.

A dumb question, is iTunes up and running when you attempt to stream?

The syncing checkbox for individual tracks: I do not use the checkboxes (I use Smart Playlists) so I am unable to tell you if something weird is going on or not with them. Does anybody else know?

------------------------

I went to the Apple Web site and found the following article. It was last modified on July 31.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1954

From the article:

Symptoms

Some or all iTunes songs may not appear on Apple TV.

Products Affected

Apple TV

Resolution

Apple TV does not display or sync songs that are unchecked in the iTunes Music Library. Check the songs in the iTunes Library to allow them to sync or stream to Apple TV.