help with updates

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
if i have a disc with multiple os x updates that i've downloaded from the apple website is there any way i can run a script or something that will automatically run all of them. they are all obviously .dmg files and i can run them separately and they install just fine i was just wondering if there was any way of running them all with no extra input from me than just a start command.

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brclark82 View Post

if i have a disc with multiple os x updates that i've downloaded from the apple website is there any way i can run a script or something that will automatically run all of them. they are all obviously .dmg files and i can run them separately and they install just fine i was just wondering if there was any way of running them all with no extra input from me than just a start command.

thanks

And then Apple said, "Let there be COMBO updates" and voila, you have combo update packs from Apple's website for every major service pack release that includes all the little ones. You can go directly from version a to version b ignoring everything in between.

Automounting a dmg file and executing a program in it that requires security clearance automatically from a script is a no-no from basic security. So my best guess answer to your question is "no".