What Apple is Thinking Right Now

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I always wondered this. Especially since they monitor these boards and other sites. For example, is there someone right now who is saying "If we don't release a G5 PM in January, people are going to start rigging their iPods to explode and then throw them at us"?

I mean, really. They have to know that we are all so hyped over this....do you think they care?

I don't know. I would have liked to be in on the meetings where they decided to price cubes at 1899 and 2299 w/o monitors. I wonder what they were thinking/smoking then....

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I know what they're thinking. They're thinking, "How can we increase our 5%?"

Then, secondly, one guy on the far end of the table asks the status of the G5s, and he is ignored, because the big guys at the other end are trying to make more money before they introduce the G5s.

They don't want another episode of the G4, 500mhz. If you remember that, they sold computers then lowered the speed of them because they couldn't supply enough of the new chips.

Andrew
  • Reply 2 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>I don't know. I would have liked to be in on the meetings where they decided to price cubes at 1899 and 2299 w/o monitors. I wonder what they were thinking/smoking then....

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think everyone would like to know what they were thinking then.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I'd rather know what they were smoking.

(I know, I know. I own one of the things. Still...)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>I always wondered this. Especially since they monitor these boards and other sites. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, there can't be more than, say, 1 % of all Apple customers that actually frequent boards such as AI on a regular basis because they care about rumours. Most people don't care. They're not even aware of all the stuff that is being dwelled upon here. That is not to say we're not enjoying ourselves rightfully though.

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Pegges ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Oh we are enjoying ourselves.

Of course I alwyas sound like a blabbering idiot when I get talking about Computers. They opened an Apple store right outside of the Nordstroms I work at, so my manager was there and she told me that she's buying her husband a 733 G4 for christmas. I told her to wait and started talking about bus speeds and RAM and other stuff. She smiled and said, "I think I'm still going to get it".

Yeah.

Andrew
  • Reply 6 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Pegges:

<strong>

Well, there can't be more than, say, 1 % of all Apple customers that actually frequent boards such as AI on a regular basis because they care about rumours. Most people don't care. They're not even aware of all the stuff that is being dwelled upon here. That is not to say we're not enjoying ourselves rightfully though.

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Pegges ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

that's not true. an amazing amount of macusers know about rumors and are interested. look at the amount of members at MacNN, AI, MacAddict, Xlr8yourmac, Macfixit, Macworld, etc. there are several hundred thousand posters, nevermind people who read the sites. Plus, these rumors leak to people's friend's, the workplace and especially news publications and websites.

Considering Apple has not denied G5 rumors yet I would say that chances are the G5 is coming out
  • Reply 7 of 7
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    I've always wondered where Jobs gets his black turtlenecks. Joking aside, I'm sure they are planning how they will ramp up production and working on the next update to OS X.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: imacSE ]</p>